Featured Event: 'Wisc-e-sota'
A Joint UMN-UW Virology Training Grant Symposium will be held on Friday, October 10th, 2014 at the University of Wisconsin-La Crosse, Cartwright Center. This is the 2nd collaborative symposium of the NIH T32-supported virology training programs at the University of Wisconsin-Madison and the University of Minnesota-Twin Cities. Talks and poster sessions will bepresented by students, postdocs and faculty. The registration and abstract deadline is Wednesday, September 10, 2014 at 5pm. The link for registration and abstract submission is below:
The Annual IMV Symposium is held in May of each spring at the Coffman Union Theater. Typically there are 2 keynote speakers along with presentations by IMV Training Program Fellows, graduate students, postdoctoral fellows, and new IMV investigators.
- The 2014 IMV Symposium was held on Monday, May 12th, 2014 at the Coffman Union Theater. Keynote speakers were Mark Denison (Vanderbilt) and Bert Semler (UC-Irvine).
- The 2013 IMV Symposium was held on Wednesday, May 8th, 2013 at the Coffman Union Theater. Keynote Speaker was Vincent Racaniello. The recording of a "This Week in Virology" podcast was recorded as part of the symposium.
- The 2012 IMV Symposium was held on Monday, May 14th, 2012 at the Coffman Union Theater. Keynote speakers were Jay Nelson (OHSU) and Wes Sundquist (Utah).
- The 2011 IMV Symposium was held on Monday, May 16th, 2011 at the Coffman Union Theater. Keynote Speakers are James Alwine (Penn) and Roger Hendrix (Pittsburgh).
- The 2010 IMV Symposium was held on Monday, May 17th, 2010 at the Coffman Union Theater. Keynote speakers were Robert Lamb (Northwestern & HHMI) and Bryan Cullen (Duke).
- 7th International Retroviral NC Symposium, September 14-16, 2009
- The 2009 IMV Symposium took place on Monday, May 4th, 2009. Keynote speakers were Don Ganem (HHMI & University of California San Francisco) and Stephen Hughes (HIV Drug Resistance Program, NCI-Frederick).
- The 2008 IMV Symposium: Held Monday, May 12 at the Coffman Memorial Theater. Invited Keynote Speakers were Dr. Jonathan Stoye (NIMR, London) and Dr. Sandra Weller (University of Connecticut Health Center).
- The 2007 IMV Symposium: "Host Interactions and Strucure", took place on May 14, 2007 in the Coffman Theater Atrium. Keynote speakers were Jack Johnson (Scripps) and Peter Palese (Mt. Sinai).
- The 2006 IMV Symposium: "Viral Host Exploitation and Escape", covering a wide range of virus research supporting this theme. Keynote speakers were Dr. John Coffin (Tufts) and Dr. Lynn Enquist (Princton)