Recent Event: Annual IMV Symposium
The 2015 IMV Symposium was held on Monday, May 11, 2015 from 8:30 a.m. - 6 p.m. at the McNamara Alumni Center at the University of Minnesota-Twin Cities. The keynote speakers for the 2015 symposium were Ann Palmenberg (University of Wisconsin-Madison) and Susan Ross (University of Pennsylvania). The symposium consisted of talks from the 2 keynote speakers, 12 local talents, and a reception/poster session. The registration and abstract submission deadline was Friday, April 10, 2015 at 5 p.m. The link for registration and abstract submission was as below:
The Annual IMV Symposium is held in May of each spring at the Coffman Union Theater. Typically there are 2 keynote speakers along with presentations by IMV Training Program Fellows, graduate students, postdoctoral fellows, and new IMV investigators.
- The 2014 IMV Symposium was held on Monday, May 12th, 2014 at the Coffman Union Theater. Keynote speakers were Mark Denison (Vanderbilt) and Bert Semler (UC-Irvine).
- The 2013 IMV Symposium was held on Wednesday, May 8th, 2013 at the Coffman Union Theater. Keynote Speaker was Vincent Racaniello. The recording of a "This Week in Virology" podcast was recorded as part of the symposium.
- The 2012 IMV Symposium was held on Monday, May 14th, 2012 at the Coffman Union Theater. Keynote speakers were Jay Nelson (OHSU) and Wes Sundquist (Utah).
- The 2011 IMV Symposium was held on Monday, May 16th, 2011 at the Coffman Union Theater. Keynote Speakers are James Alwine (Penn) and Roger Hendrix (Pittsburgh).
- The 2010 IMV Symposium was held on Monday, May 17th, 2010 at the Coffman Union Theater. Keynote speakers were Robert Lamb (Northwestern & HHMI) and Bryan Cullen (Duke).
- 7th International Retroviral NC Symposium, September 14-16, 2009
- The 2009 IMV Symposium took place on Monday, May 4th, 2009. Keynote speakers were Don Ganem (HHMI & University of California San Francisco) and Stephen Hughes (HIV Drug Resistance Program, NCI-Frederick).
- The 2008 IMV Symposium: Held Monday, May 12 at the Coffman Memorial Theater. Invited Keynote Speakers were Dr. Jonathan Stoye (NIMR, London) and Dr. Sandra Weller (University of Connecticut Health Center).
- The 2007 IMV Symposium: "Host Interactions and Strucure", took place on May 14, 2007 in the Coffman Theater Atrium. Keynote speakers were Jack Johnson (Scripps) and Peter Palese (Mt. Sinai).
- The 2006 IMV Symposium: "Viral Host Exploitation and Escape", covering a wide range of virus research supporting this theme. Keynote speakers were Dr. John Coffin (Tufts) and Dr. Lynn Enquist (Princton)