Main navigation |
Research Assistant Professor
Phone: (612) 624-5172
- B.S., Aquaculture, National Taiwan Ocean University, Keelung, Taiwan, 1994-1998
- M.S., Aquaculture, National Taiwan Ocean University, Keelung, Taiwan, 1998-2000
- Ph.D., Biology, Rensselaer Polytechnic Institute, Troy, NY, 2003-2007
- Postdoctoral Fellow, University of Minnesota-Twin Cities, 2008-2012
Tenofovir-associated bone mineral density loss; HTLV-1 Gag trafficking and particle assembly
Selected Recent Publications
- Fogarty KH, Berk S, Grigsby IF, Chen Y, Mansky LM, Mueller JD. 2013. Interrelationship between cytoplasmic retroviral Gag concentration and Gag-membrane association. Journal of Molecular Biology. Epub ahead of print.
- Sun M, Grigsby IF, Gorelick RJ, Mansky LM, Musier-Forsyth K. 2013. Retrovirus-specific differences in matrix and nucleocapsid protein-nucleic acid interactions: implications for genomic RNA packaging. Journal of Virology. Epub ahead of print.
- Fogarty, K.H., Zhang, W., Grigby, I.F., Johnson, J.L., Chen, Y., Mueller, J.D., and L.M. Mansky. 2011. New insights into HTLV-1 particle structure, assembly and Gag-Gag interactions in living cells. Viruses 3:770-793.
- Fogarty, K.H., Johnson, J.L., Grigsby, I.F., MacDonald, P.J., Smith, E.M., Chen, Y., Rawson, J.M., Mansky, L.M., and J.D. Mueller, J.D. 2011. Characterization of cytoplasmic Gag-Gag interactions by dual-color z-scan fluorescence fluctuation spectroscopy. Biophysical Journal. 100:1587-95.
- Grigsby, I.F., Zhang, W., Johnson, J.L., Fogarty, K.H., Chen, Y., Rawson, J.M., Crosby, A.J., Mueller, J.D., and L.M. Mansky. 2010. Biophysical analysis of HTLV-1 particles reveals novel insights into particle morphology and Gag stochiometry. Retrovirology 7:75
- Grigsby, I.F., Pham, L., Mansky, L.M., Gopalakrishnan, R., Carlson, A. and K.C. Mansky, K.C. 2010. Tenofovir treatment of primary osteoblasts alters gene expression profiles: implications for bone mineral density loss. Biochemical and Biophysical Research Communications 394:48-53.
- Grigsby, I.F., Pham, L., Gopalakrishnan, R., Mansky, L.M., and K.C. Mansky. 2010. Downregulation of Gnas, Got2 and Snord32a following tenofovir exposure of primary osteoclasts. Biochemical and Biophysical Research Communications 391:1324-1329.
- Grigsby, I.F., Pham, L., Mansky, L.M., Gopalakrishnan, R., and K.C. Mansky. 2009. Tenofovir-associated bone density loss. Therapeutics and Clinical Risk Management 6:41-47.
Featured News & Events
'Wisc-e-sota', a Joint UMN-UW Virology Training Grant Symposium was first held on Friday, Sepbember 20th, 2013 at the Uniiversity of Wisconsin-La Crosse, Cartwright Center. This was the inaugural collaborative symposium of the NIH T32-supported virology training programs at the University of Wisconsin-Madison and the University of Minnesota-Twin Cities. Talks and poster sessions were presented by students, postdocs and faculty. The second UMN-UW Virology Training Grant Symposium will be held in the Fall 2014. Details to follow.
The 2014 IMV Symposium will be held on May 12, 2014 and Mark Denison (Vanderbilt) and Bert Semler (UC-Irvine) will be the Keynote Speakers. Click on the link below to register and submit abstracts.
Read about bacteriophage phi 29 and why it matters.
Explore nearly a century's worth of discovery in the field of virology at the University of Minnesota.
"This Week in Virology"
from professor Vincent Racaniello.