Main navigation |
Biochemistry, Molecular Biology and Biophysics
Phone: (612) 624-6421
Ph.D., Osaka University, 1994
- Protein structure
- RNA structure
- Protein-RNA, DNA interaction
- Enzyme Kinetics
Current Projects Include:
- RNA in Viral DNA packaging
- Mechanisms of Atypical Drug Kinetics and Interactions
- Structural studies of human DEK protein
Selected Recent Publications
- Kitamura A, Jardine PJ, Anderson DL, Grimes S, Matsuo H. 2008. Analysis of intermolecular base pair formation of prohead RNA of the phage o29 DNA packaging motor using NMR spectroscopy.Nucleic Acids Res. 36(3):839-48. Epub 2007 Dec 15.
- Wise-Draper TM, Allen HV, Jones EE, Habash KB, Matsuo H, Wells SI. 2006. Apoptosis inhibition by the human DEK oncoprotein involves interference with p53 functions. Mol Cell Biol. 26(20):7506-19. Epub 2006 Aug 7.
- Devany M, Matsuo H. 2005. NMR resonance assignments for the DNA-supercoiling domain of the human protein DEK. J Biomol NMR. 31(1):65. No abstract available.
- B?hm F, Kappes F, Scholten I, Richter N, Matsuo H, Knippers R, Waldmann T. 2005. The SAF-box domain of chromatin protein DEK. Nucleic Acids Res. 33(3):1101-10.
- Devany, M., Kotharu, N. P., Matsuo, H. (2004) ?Expression and isotopic labeling of structural domains of the human protein DEK. Protein Expression and Purification. Vol 40/2 pp 244-247
- Devany M, Kotharu NP, Matsuo H. 2004. Solution NMR structure of the C-terminal domain of the human protein DEK. Protein Sci. 13(8):2252-9. Epub 2004 Jul 6.
- Matsuo, H., Moriguchi, T., Takagi, T., Kusakabe, T., Buratowski, S., Sekine, M., Kyogoku, Y. & Wagner, G. 2000. Efficient synthesis of 13C, 15N labeled RNA containing the cap structure m7GpppA. J. Am. Chem. Soc. 122, 2417-2421.
- Matsuo, H., Walters, K.J., Teruya, K., Tanaka, T., Gassner, G.T., Lippard, S.J., Kyogoku, Y. & Wagner, G. 1999. Identification by NMR spectroscopy of residues at contact surfaces in large, slowly exchanging macromolecular complexes. J. Am. Chem. Soc. 121, 9903-9904.
- Tochio H, Kojima C, Matsuo H, Yamazaki T, Kyogoku Y. 1999. Intermolecular contacts between the lambda-Cro repressor and the operator DNA characterized by nuclear magnetic resonance spectroscopy. J Biomol Struct Dyn. 16(5):989-1002.
- Chou JJ, Matsuo H, Duan H, Wagner G. 1998. Solution structure of the RAIDD CARD and model for CARD/CARD interaction in caspase-2 and caspase-9 recruitment. Cell. 94(2):171-80.
- McGuire AM, Matsuo H, Wagner G. 1998. Internal and overall motions of the translation factor eIF4E: cap binding and insertion in a CHAPS detergent micelle. J Biomol NMR. 12(1):73-88.
- Fletcher CM, McGuire AM, Gingras AC, Li H, Matsuo H, Sonenberg N, Wagner G. 1998. 4E binding proteins inhibit the translation factor eIF4E without folded structure.Biochemistry. 37(1):9-15.
Featured News & Events
'Wisc-e-sota', a Joint UMN-UW Virology Training Grant Symposium was first held on Friday, Sepbember 20th, 2013 at the Uniiversity of Wisconsin-La Crosse, Cartwright Center. This was the inaugural collaborative symposium of the NIH T32-supported virology training programs at the University of Wisconsin-Madison and the University of Minnesota-Twin Cities. Talks and poster sessions were presented by students, postdocs and faculty. The second UMN-UW Virology Training Grant Symposium will be held in the Fall 2014. Details to follow.
The 2014 IMV Symposium will be held on May 12, 2014 and Mark Denison (Vanderbilt) and Bert Semler (UC-Irvine) will be the Keynote Speakers. Click on the link below to register and submit abstracts.
Read about bacteriophage phi 29 and why it matters.
Explore nearly a century's worth of discovery in the field of virology at the University of Minnesota.
"This Week in Virology"
from professor Vincent Racaniello.