Main navigation |
Department of Clinical and Population Sciences, Director of Graduate Studies-College of Veterinary Medicine
Phone: (612) 625-7244
Ph.D., University of Minnesota
- Molecular mechanisms in the pathogenesis of viral diseases
- Host defense responses
- Immunity and addictive drugs
Selected Recent Publications
- Bandrick M, Pieters M, Pijoan C and TW Molitor. 2008. Passive transfer of maternal Mycoplasma hyopneumoniae-specific cellular immunity to piglets. Clin Vaccine Immunol. 2008 Jan 9; [Epub ahead of print]
- Olin MR, Choi K, Lee J, Peterson PK, and TW Molitor. 2007. Morphine modulates gammadelta lymphocytes cytolytic activity following BCG vaccination. Brain Behav Immun. 21(2):195-201.
- Olin MR, Batista L, Xiao Z, Dee SA, Murtaugh MP, Pijoan CC and TW Molitor. 2005. Gammadelta lymphocyte response to porcine reproductive and respiratory syndrome virus. Viral Immunol. 18(3):490-9.
- Olin MR, Hwa Choi K, Lee J and TW Molitor. 2005. Gammadelta T-lymphocyte cytotoxic activity against Mycobacterium bovis analyzed by flow cytometry.. J Immunol Methods297(1-2):1-11.
- Guedes MI, Risdahl JM, Wiseman B and TW Molitor. 2004. Reactivation of porcine cytomegalovirus through allogeneic stimulation. J Clin Microbiol. 42(4):1756-8.
- Lee J, Choi K, Olin MR, Cho SN and TW Molitor. 2004. Gammadelta T cells in immunity induced by Mycobacterium bovis bacillus Calmette-Guerin vaccination. Infect Immun. 72(3):1504-11.
- Batista L, Dee SA, Rossow KD, Polson DD, Xiao Z, Olin M, Murtaugh MP, Molitor TW, Joo HS and C Pijoan. 2004. Detection of porcine reproductive and respiratory syndrome virus in pigs with low positive or negative ELISA s/p ratios. Vet Rec. 154(1):25-6.
- Shin JH, Joo HS, Lee WH, Seok HB, Calsamig M, Pijoan C and TW Molitor. 2003. Identification and characterization of cytopathogenic Mycoplasma hyorhinis from swine farms with a history of abortions. J Vet Med Sci. 65(4):501-9.
- Shin JH and Molitor TW. Localization of porcine reproductive and respiratory syndrome virus infection in boars by in situ riboprobe hybridization. J Vet Sci. 3(2):87-96.
- Shin JH and TW Molitor. 2002. Assessment of porcine reproductive and respiratory syndrome virus RNA load in sera and tissues during acute infection. J Vet Sci. 3(2):75-86.
- Otake S, Dee SA, Rossow KD, Joo HS, Deen J, Molitor TW and C Pijoan. 2002. Transmission of porcine reproductive and respiratory syndrome virus by needles. Vet Rec. 150(4):114-5.
- Bierk MD, Dee SA, Rossow KD, Otake S, Collins JE, Molitor TW. 2001. Transmission of porcine reproductive and respiratory syndrome virus from persistently infected sows to contact controls. Can J Vet Res. 65(4):261-6.
- Bierk MD, Dee SA, Rossow KD, Collins JE, Guedes MI, Pijoan C, Molitor TW. 2001. Diagnostic investigation of chronic porcine reproductive and respiratory syndrome virus in a breeding herd of pigs. Vet Rec. 148(22):687-90.
- Dee SA, Bierk MD, Deen J, Molitor TW. 2001. An evaluation of test and removal for the elimination of porcine reproductive and respiratory syndrome virus from 5 swine farms. Can J Vet Res. 65(1):22-7.
Featured News & Events
'Wisc-e-sota', a Joint UMN-UW Virology Training Grant Symposium was first held on Friday, Sepbember 20th, 2013 at the Uniiversity of Wisconsin-La Crosse, Cartwright Center. This was the inaugural collaborative symposium of the NIH T32-supported virology training programs at the University of Wisconsin-Madison and the University of Minnesota-Twin Cities. Talks and poster sessions were presented by students, postdocs and faculty. The second UMN-UW Virology Training Grant Symposium will be held in the Fall 2014. Details to follow.
The 2014 IMV Symposium will be held on May 12, 2014 and Mark Denison (Vanderbilt) and Bert Semler (UC-Irvine) will be the Keynote Speakers. Click on the link below to register and submit abstracts.
Read about bacteriophage phi 29 and why it matters.
Explore nearly a century's worth of discovery in the field of virology at the University of Minnesota.
"This Week in Virology"
from professor Vincent Racaniello.