Main navigation |
News & Events: Lectures
University of Minnesota-Mayo Clinic Distinguished Lecture Series in Virology & Gene Therapy Series
Each lecture is videoconferenced to the other campus. This is a collaborative lecture series between the Virology and Gene Therapy (VGT) Track of the Mayo Graduate School and the Institute for Molecular Virology
- 6th Annual Lecturer - Esteban Domingo, Ph.D., Autonoma Madrid, March 19-20, 2014
- 5th Annual Lecturer - Michael Rossmann, Ph.D., Purdue University, February 13-14, 2013
- 4th Annual Lecturer - David Ho, M.D., Rockefeller University & Aaron Diamond AIDS Research Center, February 7-8, 2012; "Looking Back at HIV & CD4 T-cell Dynamics: Implications for Therapy" and "Looking Forward to a Passive Immunization Approach to HIV Prevention"
- 3rd Annual Lecturer - Yoshihiro Kawaoka, D.V.M., Ph.D., University of Wisconsin-Madison, June 9-10, 2011, "Emerging viral infections" and "Influenza pandemics"
- 2nd Annual Lecturer - Charles Rice, Ph.D., Rockefeller University, June 3-4, 2010; "Hepatitis C Virus: Replication & New Tools" and "Antiviral Activities of Type I Interferon Stimulated Genes"
- 1st Annual Lecturer - Charles Weissmann, M.D., Ph.D., Scripps Research Institute, June 17-18, 2009; "The winding path from phage to prion" and "The secret life of prion strains"
IMV "Innovations in Virus Research" Lecture Series
- James Conway, Ph.D., University of Pittsburgh, April 9, 2014
- Paul Bieniasz, Ph.D., Rockefeller University, April 23, 2014
- David Knipe, Ph.D., Harvard University, June 18, 2014
- Michael Emerman, Ph.D., Fred Hutchinson Cancer Research Center, March 20, 2013
- Sriram Subramaniam, Ph.D., National Cancer Institute, April 24, 2013
- Sara Cherry, Ph.D.,University of Pennsylvania, June 12, 2013
- Carlos Bustamante, Ph.D., UC-Berkeley & HHMI, April 11, 2012
- Susan Baker, Ph.D., Loyola University-Chicago, April 18, 2012
- Colin Parrish, Ph.D., Cornell University, May 3-4, 2012
- Sanford Simon, Ph.D., Rockefeller University, April 27, 2011
- James Bull, Ph.D., University of Texas at Austin, April 20, 2011
- Daria Hazuda, Ph.D. Merck & Co., September 7, 2011
- David Bloom, Ph.D., Univesity of Florida, June 15, 2009
- Tom Hope, Ph.D., Northwestern University, September 21, 2009
- Xiaowei Zhuang, Ph.D., Harvard University & HHMI, November 16, 2009
- Marie-Louise Hammarskjold, Ph.D., University of Virginia, March 17, 2008
- Michael Gale, Ph.D., University of Washington-Seattle, April 20, 2008
- Grant Jensen, Ph.D., Caltech, June 2, 2008
- Janice Clements, Ph.D., Johns Hopkins University, April 2, 2007
- Karla Kirkegaard, Ph.D., Stanford University, April 30, 2007
- Steve Goff, Ph.D., Columbia Univeristy, June 4, 2007
- Ganes Sen, Ph.D., Cleveland Clinic, June 25, 2007
Featured News & Events
'Wisc-e-sota', a Joint UMN-UW Virology Training Grant Symposium will be held on Friday, October 10th, 2014 at the University of Wisconsin-La Crosse, Cartwright Center. This is the 2nd collaborative symposium of the NIH T32-supported virology training programs at the University of Wisconsin-Madison and the University of Minnesota-Twin Cities. Talks and poster sessions will bepresented by students, postdocs and faculty. The registration and abstract deadline is Wednesday, September 10, 2014 at 5pm. The link for registration and abstract submission is below:
The 2014 IMV Symposium will be held on May 12, 2014 and Mark Denison (Vanderbilt) and Bert Semler (UC-Irvine) will be the Keynote Speakers. Click on the link below to register and submit abstracts.
Read about bacteriophage phi 29 and why it matters.
Explore nearly a century's worth of discovery in the field of virology at the University of Minnesota.
"This Week in Virology"
from professor Vincent Racaniello.