Education & Training
Institute for Molecular Virology Training Program
The IMV Training Program (IMVTP) is supported by NIH grant T32 AI83196. The overarching research theme of the IMV training program is virus-host cell interactions, which encompasses 1) mechanisms of viral replication and restriction and 2) molecular pathogenesis.
IMVTP Fellows are expected to participate in all IMV activities, including the virology journal club, IMV Research-in-Progress, IMV Innovations in Virus Research Lecture Series, UMN-Mayo Distinguished Lectures in Virology & Gene Therapy, and the annual IMV Symposium.
Online resources that IMVTP Fellows meet to discuss include:
- This Week in Virology (TWiV) podcast
- Virology 101
- Virology – Biology W3310/4310
For further information on the IMV Training Program, please contact email@example.com.
IMV investigators participate as training faculty in the following PhD programs:
- Biochemistry, Molecular Biology, and Biophysics (BMBB) Graduate Program
- Biostatistics Graduate Program
- Epidemiology Graduate Program
- Medicinal Chemistry Graduate Program
- MD/PhD Training Program
- Microbiology, Immunology and Cancer Biology (MICaB) Graduate Program
- Molecular, Cellular, Developmental Biology and Genetics (MCDB&G) Graduate Program
- Comparative and Molecular Biosciences Graduate Program
- Pharmacology Graduate Program