Upcoming Event: Annual IMV Symposium
The 2020 IMV Symposium will be held in May of 2020, in the Coffman Union Great Hall. More details to follow!
The Annual IMV Symposium is held in May of each spring on the University of Minnesota campus. Typically there are 2 keynote speakers along with presentations by IMV Training Program Fellows, graduate students, postdoctoral fellows, and new IMV investigators.
- The 2019 IMV Symposium was held on Wednesday, May 15, 2019 at the Coffman Memorial Union Great Hall. Keynote speakers were Yuan Chang (University of Pittsburgh) and Andy Pekosz (Johns Hopkins University)
- The 2018 IMV Symposium was held on Tuesday, May 15, 2018 at the Weisman Art Museum. Keynote speakers were Stacey Schultz-Cherry (St. Jude Children's Research Hospital) and Denise Galloway (University of Washington).
- The 2017 IMV Symposium was held on Monday, May 15, 2017 at the Cancer & Cardiovascular Research Building. Keynote speakers were Rebecca Dutch (University of Kentucky) and Jeremy Luban (University of Massachusetts Medical Center).
- The 2016 IMV Symposium was held on Monday, May 16, 2016 at the McNamara Alumni Center. Keynote speakers were Grant McFadden (Florida) and Roy Duncan (Dalhousie U.).
- The 2015 IMV Symposium was held on Monday, May 11, 2015 at the McNamara Alumni Center. Keynote speakers were Ann Palmenberg (University of Wisconsin-Madison) and Susan Ross (University of Pennsylvania).
- The 2014 IMV Symposium was held on Monday, May 12th, 2014 at the Coffman Union Theater. Keynote speakers were Mark Denison (Vanderbilt) and Bert Semler (UC-Irvine).
- The 2013 IMV Symposium was held on Wednesday, May 8th, 2013 at the Coffman Union Theater. Keynote Speaker was Vincent Racaniello. The recording of a "This Week in Virology" podcast was recorded as part of the symposium.
- The 2012 IMV Symposium was held on Monday, May 14th, 2012 at the Coffman Union Theater. Keynote speakers were Jay Nelson (OHSU) and Wes Sundquist (Utah).
- The 2011 IMV Symposium was held on Monday, May 16th, 2011 at the Coffman Union Theater. Keynote Speakers are James Alwine (Penn) and Roger Hendrix (Pittsburgh).
- The 2010 IMV Symposium was held on Monday, May 17th, 2010 at the Coffman Union Theater. Keynote speakers were Robert Lamb (Northwestern & HHMI) and Bryan Cullen (Duke).
- 7th International Retroviral NC Symposium, September 14-16, 2009
- The 2009 IMV Symposium took place on Monday, May 4th, 2009. Keynote speakers were Don Ganem (HHMI & University of California San Francisco) and Stephen Hughes (HIV Drug Resistance Program, NCI-Frederick).
- The 2008 IMV Symposium: Held Monday, May 12 at the Coffman Memorial Theater. Invited Keynote Speakers were Dr. Jonathan Stoye (NIMR, London) and Dr. Sandra Weller (University of Connecticut Health Center).
- The 2007 IMV Symposium: "Host Interactions and Strucure", took place on May 14, 2007 in the Coffman Theater Atrium. Keynote speakers were Jack Johnson (Scripps) and Peter Palese (Mt. Sinai).
- The 2006 IMV Symposium: "Viral Host Exploitation and Escape", covering a wide range of virus research supporting this theme. Keynote speakers were Dr. John Coffin (Tufts) and Dr. Lynn Enquist (Princton)