Upcoming Event: Annual IMV Symposium
The 2017 IMV Symposium will be held on Rebecca Dutch (University of Kentucky) and Jeremy Luban (University of Massachusetts Medical Center). The symposium will consist of talks from the 2 keynote speakers, 12 local talents, and a reception/poster session. The registration and abstract submission deadline will be The link for registration and abstract submission is below:at the Cancer & Cardiovascular Research Building Room 1-125 & Atrium at the University of Minnesota-Twin Cities. The keynote speakers for the 2017 symposium will be
The Annual IMV Symposium is held in May of each spring at the Coffman Union Theater. Typically there are 2 keynote speakers along with presentations by IMV Training Program Fellows, graduate students, postdoctoral fellows, and new IMV investigators.
- The 2016 IMV Symposium was held on Monday, May 16, 2016 at the McNamara Alumni Center. Keynote speakers were Grant McFadden (Florida) and Roy Duncan (Dalhousie U.).
- The 2015 IMV Symposium was held on Monday, May 11, 2015 at the McNamara Alumni Center. Keynote speakers were Ann Palmenberg (University of Wisconsin-Madison) and Susan Ross (University of Pennsylvania).
- The 2014 IMV Symposium was held on Monday, May 12th, 2014 at the Coffman Union Theater. Keynote speakers were Mark Denison (Vanderbilt) and Bert Semler (UC-Irvine).
- The 2013 IMV Symposium was held on Wednesday, May 8th, 2013 at the Coffman Union Theater. Keynote Speaker was Vincent Racaniello. The recording of a "This Week in Virology" podcast was recorded as part of the symposium.
- The 2012 IMV Symposium was held on Monday, May 14th, 2012 at the Coffman Union Theater. Keynote speakers were Jay Nelson (OHSU) and Wes Sundquist (Utah).
- The 2011 IMV Symposium was held on Monday, May 16th, 2011 at the Coffman Union Theater. Keynote Speakers are James Alwine (Penn) and Roger Hendrix (Pittsburgh).
- The 2010 IMV Symposium was held on Monday, May 17th, 2010 at the Coffman Union Theater. Keynote speakers were Robert Lamb (Northwestern & HHMI) and Bryan Cullen (Duke).
- 7th International Retroviral NC Symposium, September 14-16, 2009
- The 2009 IMV Symposium took place on Monday, May 4th, 2009. Keynote speakers were Don Ganem (HHMI & University of California San Francisco) and Stephen Hughes (HIV Drug Resistance Program, NCI-Frederick).
- The 2008 IMV Symposium: Held Monday, May 12 at the Coffman Memorial Theater. Invited Keynote Speakers were Dr. Jonathan Stoye (NIMR, London) and Dr. Sandra Weller (University of Connecticut Health Center).
- The 2007 IMV Symposium: "Host Interactions and Strucure", took place on May 14, 2007 in the Coffman Theater Atrium. Keynote speakers were Jack Johnson (Scripps) and Peter Palese (Mt. Sinai).
- The 2006 IMV Symposium: "Viral Host Exploitation and Escape", covering a wide range of virus research supporting this theme. Keynote speakers were Dr. John Coffin (Tufts) and Dr. Lynn Enquist (Princton)